Incubation of quail eggs in the office
Checking the new
Broody Double Micro Battery 90
incubator model for hatching quail eggs.
Each model, before going on sale, we (TM Broody) is checked for hatchability. Usually we ask familiar, experienced poultry farmers to make a test bookmark. But sometimes, as in this case, we conduct a test incubation under our own control. Why alone? First, all the features (both pros and cons) of the incubator are noticeable. Secondly – you can shoot a video or take a picture at any time. And in the third – it’s just huge positive emotions, when in your hands a new life is born!
Among our customers there are very enthusiastic people who are interested in new items and all the nuances of incubation in Broody machine-incubators. Here and this time we tested the Micro Battery 50 incubator in the village of Gatne in the Kiev region – one of our customers agreed to withdraw a test bookmark of the quails. The yield turned out to be about 80%, the chickens were bred for 1 day, no one died. So we fixed the deducibility of this model by quail.
We asked her to purchase quail eggs for a test incubation for a new model of the Micro series.
So, the initial data: 140 eggs quail outside the big season (August), eggs 7 days of storage
Incubator Double Micro Battery 90 – the first test.
The program of incubation of quail eggs
(the same as that of quail in the village of Gatne)
Incubation of quail eggs by days
The 1st day of incubation (July 27, Fri),
– bookmark at 16.00, T com = 30.0 ° C
Incubation parameters: t = 37.7 ° C h = 57%
The 2nd day of incubation (July 28),
– the temperature and humidity did not change, included a flipping of eggs lasting 2 minutes, every 4 hours
The 5th day of incubation (July 31),
– the parameters did not change, the appearance of a “rotten” smell
– an ovoscope, found 1 rotten, with a distinct sharp odor, an egg
Removed 26 + 1 eggs – pacifiers (glow with a flashlight during ovoscoping).
105 eggs left
The 8th day of incubation (August 3),
– the parameters have not been changed, everything is normal
* observation : the humidifier “drinks” 1 liter of water for 66 hours (2 days and 18 hours)
The 13th day of incubation (August 8),
– reduced the humidity to h = 52%, started ventilating: 2 times a day for 10 minutes (open the incubator, turn off the heating)
– the second ovoscope (candlestick). 9 eggs were removed – “flashlights”, unfertilized
Total: 105 eggs remained on incubation
The 14th day of incubation (August 9),
– the parameters have not changed, everything is normal
The 15th day of incubation (August 10),
– the temperature and humidity did not change, turn off the flipping of the trays, start ventilating the incubator for 15 minutes 2 times a day, everything is normal
The 17th day of incubation (August 12),
-Intermination of eggs in the output tray. As an output tray we use plastic mesh boxes for vegetables and fruits.
We set the parameters of incubation: t = 37.2 ° C h = 70%
The 18th day of incubation (August 13),
-the first chick appeared. 13.45
– by 4 pm shifted the “1st wave” of chickens to a brooder
The 19th day of incubation (August 13),
-the eggs stopped coming out of the eggs (11.50). In the incubator there are 2 weak chicken and 17 eggs
The 20th day of incubation (August 13),
-the last two dried and strengthened chickens were removed, transferred to a “hostel” (homemade brooder). Removed uncovered eggs (17 pcs)
Turned off the incubator.
The incubation of quails is over. At the output turned out very bright ripples and white lumps. They climb into all the holes (2 times the same chicks get out of the cell of the net tray – stuck))
The process of incubating the quail was very simple. Moreover, we connected a double Wi-Fi module (it is not in the list of options of this incubator) to the incubator Double Micro-Battery to observe the parameters of incubation outside of working hours.
You see a general graph of temperature and humidity change for all 19 days of incubation (and the second schedule, the last 2 days of incubation) – no breakdowns, flights, temperatures, etc. failures. The incubator showed itself from very good side, despite a well-tested (3 months of intensive use) test block heating with a fan from the incubator Micro Blade of the blade, which is clogged with calcium from well water (see photo) and the excitement about the fan failure was in vain.
Results of incubation:
- Total eggs quail: 140 pcs.
- 1st ovoscoping (5 day): -26 eggs (neoplod + 1 pc “boltun”)
- 2nd ovoscoping: (day 13): -9 eggs (infertile)
- Balance: 105 eggs
- Hatching: 88 chicks (1 strangled in a brooder, 2 died in an incubator)
- Not hatched: 17 pcs (proklev – 5 pcs, without signs of piercing – 12 pcs.)
- From hatched: 3 pcs. (“Helicopter”, it was possible to correct by means of a bandage from a cloth)
- Total hatchability of the incubator was: 84%
Summarizing, we can say with confidence that our risky incubation of quails at the end of summer (off-season) was successful. A large number of infertile (unfertilized eggs) are characterized in August by the eggs of all breeds of birds, except for nurseries in the room. Nature does not contain the conclusion of chicks in the fall, when the average daily temperature falls, the nights get colder and the rainy season begins. Spring is the time of reproduction of offspring in birds. And a well-developed over the summer, a strong-growing teenager will safely survive the harsh winter.
We wish all poultry farmers a successful brood quail